Introduction

Raelynwiebe

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Two years ago I began working on a farm near Regina Saskatchewan. They have a flock of 12 Rhode Island Red hens I have fallen in love with. I learned so much about them in a short time and quickly fell in love with them. I’m often found taking my breaks in the chicken coop hanging out with my girls. (We have no roosters currently)
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We had 12 hens and 2 roosters whom were a little over zealous and injuring the hens. We rehomed the roosters and I was very proud of myself for performing wound care multiple times a day for weeks to heal wounds inflicted by rooster spurs.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Rhode Island reds, but I would love some Plymouth Rock and silklies, or frizzles.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Cuddling with them, watching them enjoy foraging in the chicken tractor, feeding them veggies that they love so much!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Knitting, gardening!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have worked in the pet care industry for years but it was largely focused on dogs cats and some rabbits. Chickens have been a lovely new learning experience!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
My aunt has been raising many types of pet poultry for years, and just alerted me to this website today!

Attachments

• 50B4770D-CC3F-49CA-8CC6-582E0EF5A52D.jpeg
    50B4770D-CC3F-49CA-8CC6-582E0EF5A52D.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 1
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Two years ago I began working on a farm near Regina Saskatchewan. They have a flock of 12 Rhode Island Red hens I have fallen in love with. I learned so much about them in a short time and quickly fell in love with them. I’m often found taking my breaks in the chicken coop hanging out with my girls. (We have no roosters currently)
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We had 12 hens and 2 roosters whom were a little over zealous and injuring the hens. We rehomed the roosters and I was very proud of myself for performing wound care multiple times a day for weeks to heal wounds inflicted by rooster spurs.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Rhode Island reds, but I would love some Plymouth Rock and silklies, or frizzles.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Cuddling with them, watching them enjoy foraging in the chicken tractor, feeding them veggies that they love so much!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Knitting, gardening!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have worked in the pet care industry for years but it was largely focused on dogs cats and some rabbits. Chickens have been a lovely new learning experience!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
My aunt has been raising many types of pet poultry for years, and just alerted me to this website today!
WELCOME to backyardchickens or the chicken enabling forum!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to have u with us.

Back
Top Bottom