Introduction

I have a 4 month old black swan cignet with its left leg bowed out and it's leg joint is a little off compared to the right leg making it hard for him to get around. Is there anything I can do to rectify this or is this something it will have to live with? I bought this one and another one as a pair from a private breeder and the other one is completely fine. I've heard folks talk of anything from humidity and incubation, vitamin deficiency, or bad genetics playing roles in this. I've had the cignets myself for two weeks now.

Thanks for any insights,

Danielle

I have never had a swan. @swampfox440 does.
If it were me, I would add some nutrients such as niacin, vitamins E, D, and A. At four months of age, if it has been that way for a while, you may not be able to fix the problem, but it's always worth trying.
An avian vet may be willing to do an x-ray, so that you know whether it was an injury that caused the problem.

Howdy, :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Did your cignet have this deformity when you obtained them or is this a recent confirmation? Niacin deficiency is usually the reason for such deformities.

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom