Introduction

Hello, Danielle, and welcome to BYC. As others have suggested, I would provide vitamin supplementation especially Niacin.
Ok. Thank you for your knowledge. I will definitely get some then. Hopefully it will help but at 4 months of age already it probably won't reverse it. I have had her two week now healthy all other ways. She was this way when I got her. Her mate who I got at the same time is completely fine. Hope you have a blessed night.

She had this deformity when I obtained her so it's not recent. I've heard vitamins and nutrition could have played a role in this. Does tractor supply sell niacin supplements or something I can put in her water? Thank you for your input.
From what I've picked up here on BYC, most folks put Brewers yeast in their duck food. I looked it up and one source said 1.5 tablespoons per cup of chick feed. TSC might sell something for their water though. I found this post on Meyers about all three different forms of Niacin as there is drops for water too.

She had this deformity when I obtained her so it's not recent. I've heard vitamins and nutrition could have played a role in this. Does tractor supply sell niacin supplements or something I can put in her water? Thank you for your input.
Look for a feed designed specifically for water fowl or an "all flock" type of feed that contains adequate amounts of niacin, 50-70mg per Kg of feed.
Supplemental niacin should be given if a deficiency is suspected. You can sprinkle brewers yeast on the food and feed fresh fish and green peas for added niacin.
You can also find niacin in capsules that could be opened and sprinkled over food and liquid form that can be added to the water source.
I hope it's not too late to help to improve her leg but these deficiencies really need to be addressed early to prevent permanent deformities as they grow so fast.

From what I've picked up here on BYC, most folks put Brewers yeast in their duck food. I looked it up and one source said 1.5 tablespoons per cup of chick feed. TSC might sell something for their water though. I found this post on Meyers about all three different forms of Niacin as there is drops for water too.
Ok sweet. Thank you everyone for your input and knowledge. Everyone have a blessed day 💛

Look for a feed designed specifically for water fowl or an "all flock" type of feed that contains adequate amounts of niacin, 50-70mg per Kg of feed.
Supplemental niacin should be given if a deficiency is suspected. You can sprinkle brewers yeast on the food and feed fresh fish and green peas for added niacin.
You can also find niacin in capsules that could be opened and sprinkled over food and liquid form that can be added to the water source.
I hope it's not too late to help to improve her leg but these deficiencies really need to be addressed early to prevent permanent deformities as they grow so fast.
Thank you do much everyone for sharing your knowledge. I will definitely be trying some of the suggestions everyone educated me on. Blessings to everyone today.

Others have already answered this question, so no need for me to reiterate what has already been said....good luck with your cignet.

If I use niacin in capsule form how do I measure the amount I put in their feeder?

Back
Top Bottom