Introduction

adonisdb

In the Brooder
May 24, 2024
So, I'll just follow the intro questionnaire so I don't miss anything. :cool:
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, I'm not new to chickens but haven't had them for several years and now that we're back out in the country it's time to get back into chickens!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have around 40 chickens, whoa, that sounds like a lot. Hmm.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorps, Barred Rocks currently laying and some young ones coming on Golden Comets, a couple of Sapphire Splash and a Black Onyx.
We also have a few Polish hens and a couple of roosters. We've just added 6 Bantams, no idea what they are since TSC just wanted to get rid of them since they were older so couldn't resist them for a buck a piece!
We had 5 Cornish Cross but those are now in the freezer. Yummy!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Obviously, well, obviously for us, the eggs. We also like them for pest control and mulch turners underneath our rabbit cages. And we just like to watch them. Every breed has it's own personality and it's fun to watch.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Well, I mentioned rabbits, so there's another animal we raise for the meat.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We are empty nesters since all our kids have moved out so we adopted two cats. :rolleyes::lol: I'm a minister, school bus driver and runner while my wife is a principal's secretary at one of our elementary schools. We will have been married for 35 years come this September (2024).

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC from a Google search! Yea Google! I joined the community just to network with other people, see what others are doing, maybe buy, sell or trade some chickens too.

There ya go! Riveting stuff wasn't it! :rolleyes::lol:

Back
Top Bottom