introduction

smarsh2

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2009
hi, i am scott from lexington kentucky. i am also registered as smarsh from my office. i missed the animals from the farm i grew up on years ago and decided to try my hand at urban chickens. i prefer standard breeds for egg production. i have 4 EE hens at this time and a new home made incubator that may have failed the first time around, or none of the eggs were fertile. they weren't mine, i know mine aren't fertile. it is my dream to retire, move back to the family farm and breed new chicken color patterns, eggs, and fun. but i am not holding my breath. i learned a lot about chickens as a kid but have found there was more to know. thanks for your inputs, i enjoy reading your posts.

scott

WELCOME SCOTT! I am from Lexington originally, but have been in Florida for the last 33 years. I still remember how beautiful it is in the spring (and how cooooooold it is in the winter, HA!) Sounds like you have a very good start with your breeds. You might want to watch for chicken shows or swaps in your area. They are lots of fun. You get to talk to lots of other chicken addicts and share experiences with them. You also get to see some interesting breeds "in person" . If you can, post pictures of your flock, coop, runs etc. on here. We all need our daily "fix" of pictures and we can enjoy yours right along with our own.

I have silkies just for pets or showing at the fair (maybe) They are not old enough for egg laying yet. But, I get a dozen big brown eggs a week from my friends who have RIR's and Dominiques.

Hope you enjoy your new BYC family!

Welcome to the forum & I hope all your chicken dreams come true!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom