Introduction

millymolly

Hatching
8 Years
Nov 2, 2011
Hi all I have really enjoyed reading all about your feathered friends, I am a newby to chicken and ducks as pets
and you guys have been a wealth of support with your knowledge.
Our extended family began a year ago when a friend heard of two young drakes that needed rehomed as owner had surplus of drakes and some bantams. 1 year on my brood are either roaming when I am home out back or in 18 foot enclosed run onto garden shed where they sleep at night. They have helped me so much over past year whilst i juggled I hectic work life and come home to a nice cuppa and watch them play. I now for past 3 months have further 2 appleyard females in the mix and they seem to live together really well will try attach pic, not sure of breed the drakes maybe you guys can tell me x

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad you joined us!

thumbsup.gif

Welcome from the West Coast. They do have a way of calming us, don't they? I have one particular hen, a Buff Orpington, who jumps up on my knee and settles in. I immediately fell relaxed as I pet her soft feathers. Have fun with your flock and
welcome-byc.gif

Hello Fellow Chicken Enthusiasts
love.gif

I'm from Southwest PA and have recently married into a family who had some chickens on their small Organic Vegetable Farm. And much to my surprise, I took over caring for these chickens and well....now, I'm happily devoted to their contentment and well being. I rush home every day at quitting time to let them out for some fresh air and fresh pickins, and I now adjust my weekend schedule for them too. And yep, I have awakened in the middle of the night on more than one occasion, terrified that I forgot to close up the coop. I've been reading as many articles that I can find on raising chickens (BYC has been very helpful, the forums especially). My love of birds is not new to me. I had Eclectus parrots years ago, a Cockatiel or 2 and I'm totally hooked on the Decorah Eagles webcam ever Spring. But, I never imagined the satisfaction I'd get from caring for a flock of chickens. It's rather calming for me to spend time out in the coop at the end of the day. I just keep shaking my head and saying--Who knew???

MT---owner of 1 English Game Bantum Roo, caretaker of 3 Barred Rock, 1 Rhode Island White, and 5 New Hampshire Reds---Definitely more to come ...

Back
Top Bottom