Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by millymolly, Nov 2, 2011.

1. millymolly

millymolly New Egg

Nov 2, 2011
    Hi all I have really enjoyed reading all about your feathered friends, I am a newby to chicken and ducks as pets
    and you guys have been a wealth of support with your knowledge.
    Our extended family began a year ago when a friend heard of two young drakes that needed rehomed as owner had surplus of drakes and some bantams. 1 year on my brood are either roaming when I am home out back or in 18 foot enclosed run onto garden shed where they sleep at night. They have helped me so much over past year whilst i juggled I hectic work life and come home to a nice cuppa and watch them play. I now for past 3 months have further 2 appleyard females in the mix and they seem to live together really well will try attach pic, not sure of breed the drakes maybe you guys can tell me x

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble Premium Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad you joined us!

[​IMG]

4. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome from the West Coast. They do have a way of calming us, don't they? I have one particular hen, a Buff Orpington, who jumps up on my knee and settles in. I immediately fell relaxed as I pet her soft feathers. Have fun with your flock and [​IMG].

5. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

8. RtSixtySixChix

RtSixtySixChix Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2011
    Westmoreland County, PA
    Hello Fellow Chicken Enthusiasts [​IMG]

I'm from Southwest PA and have recently married into a family who had some chickens on their small Organic Vegetable Farm. And much to my surprise, I took over caring for these chickens and well....now, I'm happily devoted to their contentment and well being. I rush home every day at quitting time to let them out for some fresh air and fresh pickins, and I now adjust my weekend schedule for them too. And yep, I have awakened in the middle of the night on more than one occasion, terrified that I forgot to close up the coop. I've been reading as many articles that I can find on raising chickens (BYC has been very helpful, the forums especially). My love of birds is not new to me. I had Eclectus parrots years ago, a Cockatiel or 2 and I'm totally hooked on the Decorah Eagles webcam ever Spring. But, I never imagined the satisfaction I'd get from caring for a flock of chickens. It's rather calming for me to spend time out in the coop at the end of the day. I just keep shaking my head and saying--Who knew???

MT---owner of 1 English Game Bantum Roo, caretaker of 3 Barred Rock, 1 Rhode Island White, and 5 New Hampshire Reds---Definitely more to come ...

9. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Welcome, glad you are here [​IMG]

10. NonnasBabies

NonnasBabies Muddy Acre Farms Premium Member

Sep 20, 2009
    On the Farm!
    Welcome!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by