Introductions

Punk Rock Flock

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2022
Hello fellow chicken enthusiasts! My name is Daniel, here to formally intro myself and my flock.

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had my flock for about 2 1/2 years. My wife and I moved out to the country around that time and since I grew up on a farm, I knew the first thing we needed were chickens!

How many chickens do you have right now?
1 Silver Laced Polish rooster named Chad (where we got the name for our flock)
2 Barred Rocks (Dolly Carton and Loretta Hen)
1 Black Sexlink (Goldy Hen)
2 Cream Legbars
4 Easter Eggers

1 Wyandotte (Wynonna)
1 Lavender Orpington (Lucy)
4 Rhode Island Reds
6 Newly hatched chicks from our flock!

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Of course the eggs are the reason we even started. I have also really enjoyed how much fun they are! I love to sit on our front porch and watch them roam about our land eating bugs, taking dirt baths in our driveway and the "hot tub" we made them. When I come out they know that usually means a treat for them so they come running from everywhere.

What are some of your other hobbies?

I love to run. I also love plants, I have many throughout our home. We have started the journey of homesteading and I find that I really enjoy the process of learning different things, and putting them into practice to becoming more self sustaining. My wife and I are very social so we love to host our friends for any reason.

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wife and two cats. We are in the process of trying to start a family to add to our numbers. Our cats are Camo and Clementine and they are super fun as well! I work for Caribou in the Sales Department. We do auto refinancing and she has a Reflexology business and keeps house for a family in the Dallas area. We love Jesus and strive to live our lives according to how He lays it out for us in scripture.

Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I have been needing A LOT of help as we are incubating for the first time and every time I look something up on the internet, BYC is always at the top of my list. I read several posts that helped tremendously! So much so, that I decided to join.

Picture_20220616_213624928.jpg.jpg

Thank you for your introduction, nice to meet you :frow glad to have you with us!

Back
Top Bottom