Inventions To Thank Pagans For

Quote:
I believe that it goes back to the Halloween thread, where someone posted "they don't participate in anything pagan". Could be wrong but it would be the same as someone saying they don't participate in anything black/white/hispanic/etc, and then someone started a subesquent thread of "inventions to thank black/white/hispanic/etc for". Or it could simply be a strange coincident that I drew a line of connection between. LOL

Nowadays, so many things have multiple meanings or history, it's nearly impossible to participate in anything pagan or non-pagan. Take Christmas for example, it has so many meanings to so many different people, it all boils down to what you celebrate it for. I and my family are Christians, but we participate in Christmas trees. It's simply what you believe and why you believe it. Same thing with Easter, we paint eggs and gift Easter bunnies, we celebrate it as the day Christ rose, but still participate in practices that have bases in pagan belief.
smile.png

-Kim

LOL, some people think pagan's are witches. LOL boooohahahhahaha

?????

Quote:
You're such a nut! LOL

Some pagans are witches, some are not. It's such a broad term, and so many people do not know it's definition, therefor they easily think it is exchangeable with other words or beliefs. It is so incredibly broad.

Pagan used to mean county folk. people who lived off the land and with the land they had a simple life, just something i found out reading a book I am a book nerd, so I read a lot I think Pagan has gotten used wrongly sometimes.
Herbal treatments were first used by country folk.

Quote:
That is interesting! My great grandmother was a herbalist and midwife. My grandmother said that the kids in her family only saw the doctor when they were born and when they had to have their appendixes taken out. My grandmother was born before antibiotics(1919), so the fact that she and her many siblings could all live until adulthood speaks to her mother's skill with herbs.

I have always thought that it was sad that none of my great grandmother's daughters learned about herbs.

Quote:
Heathen (aka heathen infidel) is something people (christians maybe?) call other people that have different (religious) views that they don't agree with.
It's a derogatory word. There may be other definitions, but that's my understanding of it.

As opposed to pagans, that are polytheistic. "Pagan" isn't derogatory, or it shouldn't be anyway.

Last edited:
Quote:
Heathen (aka heathen infidel) is something people (christians maybe?) call other people that have different (religious) views that they don't agree with.
It's a derogatory word. There may be other definitions, but that's my understanding of it.

As opposed to pagans, that are polytheistic. "Pagan" isn't derogatory, or it shouldn't be anyway.

I don't know if heathen was originally a offensive word or if it just gained negative connotations through the years. In general, I try and use the terms that individuals in the group prefer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom