Iowa Blue Chickens!

Yes, I am thinking about some from Ideal and Sandhill both and raising them out separately and after culling to freezer farm putting the pullets together with the 3 best roos.

I am also interested in the diets that our heritage breeds were developed on, besides ranging, anyone who has input on this please do so. I am going to be working on this all winter.

Last edited:
so excited getting my blue iowa chickens on Monday or Tuesday this is great news ..will keep u updated on how they are ...

Last edited:
yes i did unfortunate they all died was stuck in mail extra day ..breeder wonderful refunded money and is sending another order out in spring too cold now ....i was very upset felt terrible they didnt make it but we are trying again in warmer weather....

saw cedar creek poultry connie what a wonderful lady and conversation with her..cant wait till spring to order again..she was very helpful and concerned...my applause to her not many honest people out there...

Yes, she is amazing! You're in good hands with her. You will not be disappointed with her stock either. She's got the real deal when it comes to Iowa Blues. She's also Secretary and webmaster of the Iowa Blue Chicken Club.

I got them from a woman that has Iowa Blues and other breeds.....She isn't a breeder per se.. The other chickens I bought from her are just fine but my Iowa Blues are a bit skiddish. They come up to me but when I bend down to pet them or pick them up they move away. They will take treats from my hand though.

Back
Top Bottom