Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

Pics
Looks good. Just wait until he molts. I don't see any autosomal ref either. That's a very good thing. I know Denny Thomas has hatched some from me. I'm not sure if she is going to breed them or if she was going to sell them.

Looks good. Just wait until he molts. I don't see any autosomal ref either. That's a very good thing. I know Denny Thomas has hatched some from me. I'm not sure if she is going to breed them or if she was going to sell them.
Thanks, I was hoping you'd see the post. If not, I was going to send you a picture. When I just got the one cockerel I thought about selling him, but we liked him too much. So he stays!

Deb

Nice looking boy Deb!!

I seemed to hatch mostly cockerels too this year
hmm.png

I have a nice one I'm watching from the Cinco De Mayo hatch - he is still doing a good job as Turkey Tutor :) His comb isn't the best, but I think he's got a great tail. So many of them start out kind of scraggly
lol.png

Got any updated pictures of these?

OK finally I have some, though not very many that aren't blurry apparently.
roll.png
I'll have to try again, but here's a pullet.

2 pullets and a cockerel

Pure IaB from the same hatch

This is an Iowacana F2 - Iowa Blue/Ameraucana hen X Iowa Blue rooster

Ohhhh! I like him a lot. Hoping for girls. Are they all black or did you get any brown? I have a few cockerels I'm watching. One is a Silver Pencilled and there is a Birchen that was broody raised. I really need to get new pictures.

Very nice Deb! My spring pullets are laying well but I'm not sure if the cockerel is doing his job
hmm.png
I'm planning to start a test hatch assuming one of my many broodies will stick to it.

Back
Top Bottom