Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

Pics
Very nice Deb! My spring pullets are laying well but I'm not sure if the cockerel is doing his job
hmm.png
I'm planning to start a test hatch assuming one of my many broodies will stick to it.

I'll test hatch them for you! Mail them here,
wink.png

Deb

If anybody is interested in Iowa Blue Eggs, I should have about 24 that could go out Monday. The girls really started laying like crazy on Thursday. I have 18 or 19 already tonight. PM if interested. I'll make a deal.

Dang, I'm going to a show next weekend, I should have entered my cockerel. He is a handsome boy and I should have just gotten him out there.

I'm happy to say, I have several youngsters coming along now (and some are actually girls).

Deb

Its my cock bird so the dad of the ones you hatched from me. I heard from Myabc3 that her cockerel she hatched from my eggs is huge. Some of my spring and summer hatched cockerels are a lot bigger than their dad already or at least the same size. I'd love to hear weights of offspring from my flock.

Hello! Here are pics of my pair. Bit of background - they are not quite a year. Mr. Heinz stock. Started as all black and as you see, stayed black. The pullet is small with only a collar of gold lacing. The cockerel, I am pleased (maybe because of comparison to the girl) with his size. Certainly holds his own with my american orps and cuckoo marans roos. He is solid. Good feathering, but the breast size under the feathers is very good. Anxious to see how he continues to fill out - don't have a scale (they are banned in our house :)). Let me know thoughts! I know most of you are looking for more lacing or were as of the last time I followed conversations (which was a while back). However, I think this pair is very striking. My son entered him in the Douglas County fair and we made a lot of friends who are very interested in this breed.

Iowa Blue Pullet - Gypsy

Iowa Blue Roo - Dumbledore

Iowa Blue Roo- Dumbledore

Wow, he's big. He looks nice too. I'd prefer his hackles and saddles to be silver. In the picture they look golden. How is his tail angle? Is he just relaxed in the second picture? He does have nice leg color and I still can't get over his size.

Back
Top Bottom