Irridesent features = male??

Quote:
Yes, pointy hackle and saddle feathers indicate a cockeral. Google "Araucana" and check out the pics compared to yours. Araucanas, Americaunas, and Easter Eggers all lay colored eggs, but the Araucana is the only one that has rumpless indeviduals and the most desirable ones also have cheek tufts. Araucanas are also the originals from which the others were derived........Pop

Hopefully my images will upload now ... what's the verdict?

81608_zula_paloama.jpg

81608_paloama_zula_bodies.jpg

81608_rose_closeup.jpg
81608_rose2_1.jpg

Really?! That's exciting ... I will see if everyone else agrees with you. I really appreciate your feedback, you just made my day : )
My fingers were just crossed for having pullets!

I wouldn't call any of them Araucanas IMO. They are EasterEggers.

None of them fit the APA SOP. The black, and the black mixed color have muffs/beards - not tufts. Tufts are actual, WHOLE feathers sticking out the sides of the head. Not fuzz.

The one in the last pic is a non-standard color, and has yellow legs.

Last edited:
Quote:
OK, I`m certainly not an expert, having owned only four Araucanas in my life, but tell me if I`m wrong about the rumpless feature. Is that not only on Araucanas?.......Pop

Along with manx rumpies, yep
smile.png
The rumpless trait can show up in mixed descendants - an EE is a chicken with a blue egglaying ancestor (whether that be Ameraucanas/Araucanans/Quechua/EE).

this is my araucana pullet Boo, note the tufts sticking out the side of her 'ears'

53434_arau1.jpg

i think your pullets (yup look like girls to me) are rumpless easter eggers ....very beautiful
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom