is 102.7 to hot due to crud incubator

I just remembered my first hatch I had set the bator outside and forgot it was and temps hit over 115+ for a bit and my eggs were fine.
A little slow on the draw came 2 days late.

If you have a still air. 102.7 isn't really that high. It should be 101 at egg level. So you should have a good hatch. If you are really worried. You could buy a hovabator which ate about 99$ without turner. I love mine it holds temps and humidity great. It maybe cheaper then putting a new thermostat and fan in for it only not to work. Good luck.
Michele

wee.gif
thank you thank you for the in put .i was able to get a new LG free of charge , from the store i got it from . i ll just keep going with the eggs and hope for the best nothing venture nothing gainned
big_smile.png
ill give the fan thing an try .
my husband being a manitance man has shall we say
Tim Allen's visions of an home made incubator which i will let him go for it . welll se what he will come up with
pop.gif
so hear we go . ill let you know what happens on august 22nd.
thumbsup.gif
and what he come up with
lol.png

They should be ok. The temp will fluctuate while the eggs are adjusting to the incubator temperature. Resist temptation to adjust the temp. After a few hours if you need to adjust it then do it but BARELY increase or decrease. The slightest movement of the thermostat can make a BIG difference in the temp. You can also adjust your temp and humidity to some extent by removing one or both of the plugs. I would fill the reservoirs in the bottom of the incubator too when you turn it on to let it stabilize. I have had many successful hatches in my LG. Another suggestion if you have the LG in an air conditioned room I have found I do better with mine in a room with no AC. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Quote:
You got another LG...........
roll.png
now you will have 2X's the issues. Hatch from this batch if you can and let the DH build you something worthy of eggs which IMO the LG is not. Please throw the LG's in the trash and get your sanity back. I am sorry for your issues but wouldn't encourage keeping the LG at any rate, sorry but they are wellllll........ Chinese made to put it lightly. Good luck.

Last edited:
with the summer we are having here 44 days over over 100 degrees
my 6 bators are all over the place, because of the a/c unit

last batch eggs got up to 103.8 when i was at work, no clue for how long...

80% hatch rate
for dont give up on them....

Back
Top Bottom