Is a Black Australorp supposed to have some white feathering?

FF

Songster
10 Years
Jan 9, 2010
Tennessee
Hello. I have just about all of my BA have some white in them. Is this the breed? Or did the hatchery have crosses? Not all of them have it but some of them do. 5 of the 9 I have.

Leghorns. My leghorns have small speckled of lack in them. I know that s not the breed so what do I do?

I got all these chicks from hoovers. Really nice people and good prices. Thanks for any and all help.
thumbsup.gif

I think on Ideals webpage they show a Leghorns that are white with black speckles.
big_smile.png
Dont know if that helps you with the Leghorns.

One of my BAs has a couple of white feathers that you can only see when she flaps her wings or stretches. They're all from McMurray stock. These are my first chickens, so I can't really compare breeds, but I think the BAs are just great. If it weren't for my kiddo wanting other kinds, I'd only have BAs in my flock.

i got mine from a local lady that gets them from meyer... they all had/have white on them as chicks... they're getting darker as time goes by... they'll be pitch black with a green sheen when they grow up though

Ok. Thanks a whole bunch everybody. I called and I just asked them if I cut the white out if it would go away. They said more than likely they would just grow out of it. So I just cut there feather here and there, Not many white ones though. Thank to everybody very much!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yep they sure do don't they. I just looked at them. But I believe that it is a different breed. I am thinking it was just where they are in the woods and the get on the ground and dust themselves and that stuff. I got to looking at it all comes out except a little bit. It might just be dirt. Oh well. I 'll keep them no matter what. I absolutely love Hoover's Hatchery and I doubt I will ever stop ordering from them. They are very very good people and they have wonderful prices. They only thing I really would like to see out of them is Rhode Island Reds instead of Production Reds but I'll get over it
gig.gif
thumbsup.gif

https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/selectproduct.aspx?qty=1&ID=CWP&Product=353

frow.gif
I' amazed you're asking this! I have a BA hen she's 1year old the end of this month. I was noticing her fethers also have white in them. The farmer I purchased her from just admitted she's actually a mix of BA,Gol Comet, Dominique, and Andalusian. I love this spunky little girl, no matter her heritage.

Back
Top Bottom