is a Little Giant 9300 still air incubator GOOD FOR BEGINNERS??

Bejammie

Chirping
Aug 6, 2015
Upstate South Carolina
I found a little giant 9300 very inexpensively priced for sale. Id like to try to hatch some eggs since I bought a roo, but I have NO EXPERIENCE. Would this be a good FIRST incubator? I don't want to spend my money on it if it will be too complicated to use or all my chicks will die. I have a VERY HARD TO CONTROL home as far as temperature and humidity, so I need something that can handle it if my house is 90% humidity and 50 degrees at night, and 75 degrees and 40 percent humidity in the day....is this possible??

NO! NO! NO!

Now that I got that out of my system.....
The LG 9300 is the worse thing you can get especially as a beginner. As a matter of fact if you don't have a place in the house where you can keep a stable temp, a styro bator is not your best choice as they are very sensative to the reletive temps and humidity. You'd be better off going with a higher priced plastic bator. (Though all incubators are subject to the environment they are in.)

I found a little giant 9300 very inexpensively priced for sale. Id like to try to hatch some eggs since I bought a roo, but I have NO EXPERIENCE. Would this be a good FIRST incubator? I don't want to spend my money on it if it will be too complicated to use or all my chicks will die. I have a VERY HARD TO CONTROL home as far as temperature and humidity, so I need something that can handle it if my house is 90% humidity and 50 degrees at night, and 75 degrees and 40 percent humidity in the day....is this possible??
Good looking horse there. I raised a TWH filly who looked a lot like that, til she and her pasture mate were killed in a lightning storm.

NO! NO! NO!

Now that I got that out of my system.....
The LG 9300 is the worse thing you can get especially as a beginner. As a matter of fact if you don't have a place in the house where you can keep a stable temp, a styro bator is not your best choice as they are very sensative to the reletive temps and humidity. You'd be better off going with a higher priced plastic bator. (Though all incubators are subject to the environment they are in.)
Now Amy, tell us how you REALLY feel
celebrate.gif

Any recommendations that are cost effective?
Well, I have heard decent things about the Janoels provided it's a true Janoel and not a knock off. I've never used one. I have a little giant....lol (But I have the 9200) The Brinseas and RCOMs are impressive, but you practically have to take a loan out to get one. The Hovabators are good, but they are styros and I'd be worried about the temp fluctuations in the house affecting it. If it wasn't for that I would recommend the hovabator.

Now Amy, tell us how you REALLY feel
celebrate.gif
LOL. How many people do you know that have bought the LG9300 and have been happy? I feel bad everytime I see, "I bought the little giant 9300"...

Back
Top Bottom