Is a wet chicken good for health?

Mine go out in any kind of weather, I figure they'll come in if need be.
I hope we get that snow, HBuehler your parents are correct it was an AMAZING storm
ya.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Chickens are just like any other farm animal, wet and muddy will not hurt them as long as they have access to a dry building with feed and water 24/7. Most of mine love go in and out of the runs to the henhouse in winter weather.

I let my chickens out in all kinds of weather. Last winter was my first winter with chickens and it was one of the coldest we have had here in a long time. Only if the wind chill was way below zero, did I keep them in. Some of them stay under our pine trees, and some of them just keep on doing what chickens do. None of them have ever been sick yet. They can get in their house and always have plenty of food and water and it is very dry.
smile.png

Quote:
I remember the Blizzard of '78 - I'm in RI and made it to a friends house just in time. We were snowed in under about 4 feet of snow and without power for over a week. I hope we're not in for another of those, but I'm preparing for a tough winter too.

My chickens look terrible when drenched!
They only go under the coop if it's pouring though. Mist and light rain doesn't faze them at all even though it makes them look all soggy.

My (water loving) dog is the only one here that thinks she melts when it rains.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom