Is anyone as obsessed as I am?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fshinggrl, Sep 4, 2009.

1. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I swear I go out to the coop to see if there are any eggs at least a dozen times a day! I've got 13 chickens and two of them have been laying (inconsistantly) now for a week. Just got our first brown egg yesterday. Yesterday was also the day we got our first full sized green egg from the hen that has been giving us green mini-eggs every other day now.

Anyone else got my obsession too?

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I did the same thing when mine first started laying LOL now it's getting old to run out there so often. We go out like twice a day now only rather then 10 times a day. It's just so cool at first! Now I'm just plain ol addicted to chickens and now turkeys too UGH! When does it stop!?

3. chickloving

chickloving Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2009
    Oh ya! We have had one laying since 16 weeks so are getting soooo anxious for the others to "get on with it". I am sure someone looks in that nestbox a dozen times a day, waiting for that one egg - and hoping for a new layer too.

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    We spend a lot of time watching our chickens. We have chairs set up by the run. We love to see what they are up to. [​IMG]

5. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    OBSESSED??? Yes, I am obsessed--I have ten 26 week old pullets (BR, BO, RIR, Ameraucanas), two 22 week old EE and I go three-four times a day to check for eggs. If my husband goes, he won't even pick them up because he doesn't want to spoil my 'fun'!!

I am only getting 2 eggs from them and I just love it..

6. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    oh yea,,,,,you are not alone.[​IMG]

7. newchik715

newchik715 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    Washington
    I don't even have chickens yet and I am obsessed. I go to bed with chickens on the brain and wake up with chickens on the brain. I don't post too much but I am on here everyday and I am researching the heck out os these birds! Wonder if I will have to be locked up once they finally get here!

8. BluffCountryShepherdess

BluffCountryShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Houston, MN
    I'm so obsessed, I can't even SLEEP! I'm spending hours a day looking on line for people who are breeding for Mille Fleur marked bantam cochins. I want some SO badly! If I don't find some soon, I'll lose my job! I can't keep staying up all night searching the web....

My poor sheep have hardly seen me in days! All I can think about is chickens!!

http://shepherdsvoice.blogspot.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by