Is anyone else as addicted as I am?

My husband had 5 banty cochins when I met him. We now have 25 standard cochins. 26 buff orpingtons, 5 RIR, 15 Welsummers, 18 guineas, +60 in incubator, 3 turkeys, 30 ducks, and a few mutt chickens. plus I just bought an old leahy incubator that holds 500 eggs.
jumpy.gif
So yea, good luck holding yourself back!
wee.gif

Good lord, yes, I'm addicted. That's the first step, right?? Last year - Oct 2009 - when I started this whole Chicken Thang, I thought 4, maybe 6, no more than 8. Because that's what the A-Frame coop was supposed to hold (from the plans).

Now I have 24 chickens of various ages, 2 ducks, and 6 olive egger eggs in an incubator I bought about 3 months ago because it was on sale. Eggs are due to hatch (it's my first attempt so maybe they won't hatch at all) on the 6th of August. I'm already lurking in the "Chicken Hatching Eggs For Sale" section, looking for the breeds I still want to add to my significantly over-limit flock!!!

But before I spend that kind of money, I think I'll join the Trader Joe's fertilized egg hatching club. Just as an experiment. Then ... if any of those hatch, I'll feel capable enough to try hatching some of my own flock's fertile eggs.

How did this escalate this fast? Not even a year has passed yet!

I'm not addicted. I got in 27 in March. Another 35 in July. There are only 9 variaties of Cochins, 10 variaties of Wyandottes, 4 variaties of Plymouth Rocks, about 8 or 9 variaties of Polish, 2 variaties of Brabanters, and a few others that I want. No I'm not addicted at all. Can't wait till my next chicken.

We said we would get six. Then we liked a few other breeds....ok 8. Ordered 10. Yes, I will take the free extra. 2 more from adozengirlz (had to have the Marans). I have told myself no incubator until the spring
tongue.png
. Resistance is futile.

i am totaly addicted!
started of with a dog, then i got peacocks, then someone said silkies are good company for peafowl, so i got some of them, then i fell in love with chooks, got 50 RIRS , then i got ducks, and as you can see by my signiture, i got very carried away! LOL

Back
Top Bottom