Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

Pics
I'm part of a group on fb called The dull mens club.
People talk about pretty much anything on it (and its not only for men), as long as it is on the dull side. Anyway, someone made a post about how he left foot brakes when driving.
For me, left foot braking is something crucial in a rally, but I also do it all the time in everyday driving.
The comments were making me lol, as so many people were of the opinion it is completely dangerous, shouldn't be done, etc etc.
So what is the opinion of those here? : )
I found it pretty funny :D (and I won't eat you if you don't, but I am biased...)
There's a science to left foot braking, and it gets more complicated when you have a manual gearbox and a clutch to also deal with. I have no strong opinion either way, it's a matter of preference and your training.

There's a science to left foot braking, and it gets more complicated when you have a manual gearbox and a clutch to also deal with. I have no strong opinion either way, it's a matter of preference and your training.
Not that I was 'trained' as such, I just taught myself. (Although I'm sure I had a lot more enthusiasm then many people!)
So many people thought it is dangerous, because you will push both pedals I'm an emergency.
I'm just not quite getting it.. it's so not hard to not do that! And, with modern standard they will cut power anyway, so it doesn't matter. (which is one of the most annoying features around)

Back
Top Bottom