Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

Pics
I can't stand to drive a slushbox. I keep feeling around in the floorboard for a clutch...
Eh. I've driven some nice flappy paddle boxes. And a lot of drag ravers are running "no lift" kits in the stick cars or running full autos these days. It's not the 80's anymore where they're all garbage. Just Mopars mostly.

I'm a stick guy. I will always choose that option if I can. But we're dinosaurs.

I am right handed, but always though I am slightly left footed. For example, when I jump over things, I aways take off with my left foot. I don't think it matters for driving though...its more just learning how. When one thinks about it, driving isn't something one does naturally anyway.
which foot do you kick a ball with?

When I was young..in the 70's..I loved my sports cars. Trans AM and Panterea.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Surprised I didn’t find this sooner.
Eh. I've driven some nice flappy paddle boxes. And a lot of drag ravers are running "no lift" kits in the stick cars or running full autos these days. It's not the 80's anymore where they're all garbage. Just Mopars mostly.

I'm a stick guy. I will always choose that option if I can. But we're dinosaurs.
I will always go for stick if I have the option.

I love all things cars love to work on them love to drive them love to do pretty much anything including cars.

Here’s my truck she has a lot of work that needs to be done but she is a nice truck. 2002 dodge ram 1500 sport (according to dodge mechanics its a prototype/limited made in my area but I can’t find anything on it so I’m taking that with a grain of salt.)

IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6260.jpeg

I was supposed to get my dad’s 1999 mustang. It was a manual it was also yellow. I put a lot of work in that car sadly he sold it off about a month before he passed.

Surprised I didn’t find this sooner.

I will always go for stick if I have the option.

I love all things cars love to work on them love to drive them love to do pretty much anything including cars.

Here’s my truck she has a lot of work that needs to be done but she is a nice truck. 2002 dodge ram 1500 sport (according to dodge mechanics its a prototype/limited made in my area but I can’t find anything on it so I’m taking that with a grain of salt.)

View attachment 3844905View attachment 3844906

I was supposed to get my dad’s 1999 mustang. It was a manual it was also yellow. I put a lot of work in that car sadly he sold it off about a month before he passed.
What needs doing with it? Love the colour!
Question, how good offroad are those types of utes? I'm guessing they're pretty good, unless its a very tight track.

My next event in just under two weeks, will be my first two day event as driver. I've co-driven it twice before, neither time finishing. Third time luckly?
It is 250km competitive, starting out on fast shire stages, then going into the forest. Night stages as well which is always fun!
Last year there was a couple of Canadians in it in a hired rally car, and they said the shire stages were more slippy then any snow or ice...

What needs doing with it?
Well one of the back windows motor is broken so have to wedge the window in place that's the next thing I'm doing I did it on the mustang a while back as well, Her AC is going out so that needs to be fixed Florida summer without is crap, She needs to be repainted keeping the same color but 22 years in the Florida sun takes a toll, most of the interior trim needs to be redone but its not a must just cosmetic, Her ignition cylinder needs to be replaced, Multiple things rewired like her radio and windows as only the driver can roll down windows and it only rolls down the drivers window and controls are backwards, Back doors power lock doesn't work so you have to go around and make sure every door is locked every time you get out, Her bed is kind of rusted so needs a little bit of fix there and I would like to get a bed cover on her lastly I can think of now multiple of her caps like gas cap need to be replaced as they don't seal properly.
Love the colour!
Thanks!
Question, how good offroad are those types of utes? I'm guessing they're pretty good, unless its a very tight track.
I wouldn't know haven't gone off-roading yet only had her about 2 months planning on sometime though.

Back
Top Bottom