Is anyone using the Premier "heat plate" brooder for chicks?

Pics
Ooooo Coooollll!! You should put a pic in the inventions thread!!

I was going to deck it out with a stuffed hen sewn into the top of it but lost momentum. The hen would be red, the bottom pad is brown. May still do the hen, as I wanted to provide fringed "feathers" hanging down on either end of the opening to hold the heat in more.

Will most certainly do a pic when it's finished. I'm thinking of using the same "hen" to incubate some eggs just like a hen would do.

Not comfy enough. The chicks will be climbing on her after about a week or so to sleep, so I'm using fleece and making the stuffing loose so that dips and lumps will develop in her exterior for them to sleep on and in. I'll also sew some wings for getting under. I want her to be washable. The only place that has feathers will be the insulating pad and it has been quilted. I think the feathers in the quilted pad on the underside of the will hen hold humidity and warmth very well, more so than batting filler on the top side.

I have read this whole thread. Both seem to be great products. Anybody want to tell me which one to buy lol? While it would be nice to save a little money, my main focus isn't the cost. I just want to get which ever one will make the chicks the most comfortable and safe. Input or guidence?

I have read this whole thread. Both seem to be great products. Anybody want to tell me which one to buy lol? While it would be nice to save a little money, my main focus isn't the cost. I just want to get which ever one will make the chicks the most comfortable and safe. Input or guidence?
Well, as I'm sure you noticed, we're kind of waiting to hear how it works for 2 people, I think, who purchased the product but don't have the chicks under it yet.

Last edited:
caf.gif

Well, the feed store left a message that they're postponing their chick order because of the freezing temps when they'll be shipping. My chicks won't be here until the 21st now. BTW - I'm glad for the chicks. I was wondering how they'd ship in below zero temps. At the same time I WANT TO TRY OUT THE BROODER!! LOL

Well, the feed store left a message that they're postponing their chick order because of the freezing temps when they'll be shipping. My chicks won't be here until the 21st now. BTW - I'm glad for the chicks. I was wondering how they'd ship in below zero temps. At the same time I WANT TO TRY OUT THE BROODER!! LOL

Thanks for keeping us updated. Still watching :D
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom