Is anyone using the Premier "heat plate" brooder for chicks?

Pics
Quote:

Nah, I bought mine from Seminolewind
big_smile.png
Win-win for both of us.

My brooder, btw. With the opening being on the side, I can peek under the plate without messing with the birds. I think that's a key element to success with this thing. I think folks would get frustrated not seeing their chicks if they can only see from above.

Quote:
Yep, I got the large heat plate :) Observing them is really important to me and was the one drawback. But using the heat lamp at first and transitioning to the heat plate was super easy and effective. :)

My brooder, btw. With the opening being on the side, I can peek under the plate without messing with the birds. I think that's a key element to success with this thing. I think folks would get frustrated not seeing their chicks if they can only see from above.
I love your brooder set up!

I do not have my heat plate yet, but I got the cover today. I am sending it back. It was not what I was expecting at all. I figured it would be a thin cover that was a perfect fit over the heat plate. No, it's not. It is like a a giant plastic dome. I am sure it would fit on the heating plate around the rim,, but has a giant bubble on top. I still wanted them to be able to climb on it, just be able to take off wash, and put back on. I really wish they would of had a description or picture of it. Calling it a cover is a little misleading, they should call them a dome. So I have to pay to ship it back. I am going to try and go to the more than mail store and see how much it will cost to ship it back, to see if it is worth it. If not, I don't know what i ma going to do with the darn thing.

I do not have my heat plate yet, but I got the cover today. I am sending it back. It was not what I was expecting at all. I figured it would be a thin cover that was a perfect fit over the heat plate. No, it's not. It is like a a giant plastic dome. I am sure it would fit on the heating plate around the rim,, but has a giant bubble on top. I still wanted them to be able to climb on it, just be able to take off wash, and put back on. I really wish they would of had a description or picture of it. Calling it a cover is a little misleading, they should call them a dome. So I have to pay to ship it back. I am going to try and go to the more than mail store and see how much it will cost to ship it back, to see if it is worth it. If not, I don't know what i ma going to do with the darn thing.

I do recall seeing a picture for it, using the arrows once clicking on the picture of the heat plate, but it took a little to find it.

Could try selling the cover on here or Craigslist, but then again, you'd still have to ship it.

Another great idea! A side door! Thanks for posting.

. I really wish they would of had a description or picture of it. Calling it a cover is a little misleading, they should call them a dome.
I don't remember seeing it on the website but they did show it in the catalog. Sorry for the frustration. Not sure why their marketing folks aren't keeping the site up to date with the same detail as in the catalog. I'd be glad to work for them and fix that! (It's part of what I do in my job.)

So, Premier, if you're reading this send me a PM
giggle.gif

Another great idea! A side door! Thanks for posting.

I don't remember seeing it on the website but they did show it in the catalog. Sorry for the frustration. Not sure why their marketing folks aren't keeping the site up to date with the same detail as in the catalog. I'd be glad to work for them and fix that! (It's part of what I do in my job.)

So, Premier, if you're reading this send me a PM
giggle.gif
I don't get the catalog :(. But I don't plan on ordering anything else from Premier anyways. I just wanted a heating plate (and I thought a cover lol), everything else I ordered was to get free shipping.
I do recall seeing a picture for it, using the arrows once clicking on the picture of the heat plate, but it took a little to find it.

Could try selling the cover on here or Craigslist, but then again, you'd still have to ship it.
There is now, but unless I am blind I didn't see it until a few days ago. I guess probably just blind, but it is quite frustrating.

No...they actually updated the site after some of us sent them a message asking for the photos and info to be updated to give the same info in the catalog. They were very responsive and made the updates pretty quickly.

My brooder, btw. With the opening being on the side, I can peek under the plate without messing with the birds. I think that's a key element to success with this thing. I think folks would get frustrated not seeing their chicks if they can only see from above
LOVE your brooder! I need a 2nd one that is cat proof and this looks like it would work perfectly!! How did you attach the netting to the tote, by the way?

Back
Top Bottom