Is Blackjack 57 safe?

Pics
Hi and thanks! We built a chicken coop and my husband has been fretting on what to do about the plywood flooring. . He is going to purchase the blackjack #57. We were wondering how many coats you used. Is one sufficient?

This thread was a blessing!!!

Is there something similar in white to help lighten up the inside of the coop?

The Blackjack is used on the floor, and won't be seen, once covered with your coop's bedding. Use regular exterior white paint, for the walls and ceiling of the coop. That's what I did. You don't even want to attempt to paint the inside with the Blackjack.

Hi and thanks! We built a chicken coop and my husband has been fretting on what to do about the plywood flooring. . He is going to purchase the blackjack #57. We were wondering how many coats you used. Is one sufficient?

This thread was a blessing!!!

I used 1 coat and it has held up great over the six months since I put it down.

Does Homedepot have something that is the same quality?

Also, what is the toxicity of this and are there worries about that and using the compost created from using the deep liter method in your veggie garden?

Has anyone ever tried laying down grace ice and water shield for the floor of their coop to protect the plywood? I picked some up yesterday but I wanted to know if anyone has used this type of underlayment before ??? Thanks!!

Has anyone ever tried laying down grace ice and water shield for the floor of their coop to protect the plywood? I picked some up yesterday but I wanted to know if anyone has used this type of underlayment before ??? Thanks!!
@ngrenier11 Best to start a new thread in the coop building forum with the bolded above as a title....
.......and/or do an advanced search(titles only) on 'ice and water shield'.

We are finishing our coop this weekend and I'm now desperately trying to find Black Jack #57 near me. I saw someone said they got theirs from Ace, but I don't see it online. I'm going to the store tomorrow and hope to find it then! Other than that, I can try Walmart or Aubuchon. Surely someone will have some...

Back
Top Bottom