Is chick grit enough calcium for Coturnix Quail?

Yes it would. Crush the shells up into little pieces so it's easy to eat. I think some people bake them incase they have salmonella.
I used some quail eggs yesterday and saved the shells. I rinsed them and put them in the fridge. Are they still good to feed them if I bake them? Also, do males need a Calcium supplement? Thank you

I used some quail eggs yesterday and saved the shells. I rinsed them and put them in the fridge. Are they still good to feed them if I bake them? Also, do males need a Calcium supplement? Thank you
Yes, you can feed the saved shells. Males do need need the extra calcium because they don't lay eggs. They may peck at them but I doubt the males will eat much. Wouldn't hurt them if they did anyways.

Yes, you can feed the saved shells. Males do need need the extra calcium because they don't lay eggs. They may peck at them but I doubt the males will eat much. Wouldn't hurt them if they did anyways.
Thank you for this info. Do you know how long I should bake them? And at what temp? Thank you everyone for this very valuable info

Back
Top Bottom