Is Colloidial Silver safe for Chickens?

Thanks Tulie you confirmed my original question. It sounds like people need to do some personal experimentation and test this Silver theory out. I started adding small amounts of Silver to my hens water and I will report back here with my results. I do believe commercially prepared C Silver for the most part maintains Silver at the micron level but I suppose this can only be proven with some tests.
It would be great if we can find a way to utilize this powerful, natural, technology to make all our lives easier and raise healthier, happier birds.

P.S. Creativedogma is right. The "blue guy" is a fraud used to scare people.

Quote:
jjwave, if you are interested in natural remedies. Look up Nature Sunshine Products. Very good stuff
wink.png

Colloidal silver is fabulous and I've used it on all of the people in our house, the dog and I'll use it on the other animals, too.

Just remember that the water must be non-chlorinated....chlorine inactivates the silver. Also, it's best to give probiotics w/silver.

Turning your chickens blue is a good thing? The only experience I have is with a guy who looked quite blue, like the picture. Silver ions killing microbes and ingesting silver routinely are two very different things.

I bought a product from the chemist yesterday that I was going to try with my chooks 'Liquid Life' Ionic Silver 16-20ppm with distilled water in brackets it says equivalent to 50-60 ppm colloidal silver does this mean it is wrong to treat the chooks?

I have been a proponent of natural rememdies for years. I have been a RN for 30 years and read alot of literature related to herbs and herbal remedies.
I have used colloidal silver many times when needed....but certainly don't drink an excessive amount daily like that one man did to turn blue. He was a nut job that drank like a gallon a day of the stuff.
I do plan to make my own.........many plans on the internet for instructions, and plan to do a splash in their water a few times a week (on days that I don't use apple cider vinegar in the water).
I have also read that old timers used to put a silver coin into water for animals to keep it from going bad. I will have to read up on that again. Maybe that would be an easy solution. I am sure I have a few silver coins laying around in a drawer.

Hii
We use colloidal silver for ourselves and our pets (dogs, cats & chickens) with positive results. Especially good for infections of all kinds. We use it both internally and externally.
But You should take help of veterinarian before you use it for your pet....

My Black Copper Muran came down with a cold about two weeks ago. I've been giving her an antibiotic but had to stop at day 14. She is only slightly better. Silly me should have thought sooner but today I called my Papaw in CA to ask for help. He'll be 89 next week. Okay, he said, go out and dump out her water and make her a fresh batch of 'silver water'. Just give her a couple ounces in her cup and she'll drink it. My grandfather has drank one gulp of colloidal silver water that he makes himself for over fifteen years now. He swears by it. And the guy that turned blue was drinking too much or mixing it too strong.

I'll be happy to let you know how Mamma does after her silver water drink.

Back
Top Bottom