Is Coryza Infectious to humans???

Differentiation

Chirping
Oct 1, 2017
I have three bantams and my buff bantam is seriously infected with Coryza. I managed to get them to the vet and they all got injections and eyedrops. But the Buff bantam still has to be kept away from the others in a cardboard box. I spend some time comforting her or encouraging her to eat. I wash my hand everytime I handle her but I was wondering can i get an infection as well???

I have three bantams and my buff bantam is seriously infected with Coryza. I managed to get them to the vet and they all got injections and eyedrops. But the Buff bantam still has to be kept away from the others in a cardboard box. I spend some time comforting her or encouraging her to eat. I wash my hand everytime I handle her but I was wondering can i get an infection as well???

Humans cannot get the strain of Coryza that chickens do. Coryza in humans is basically your “common cold” which is not transmissible to chickens. So, don’t worry too much...at least not about that particular illness!
Hope your chickens get better!

Infectious Coryza in Poultry - eXtension
This disease primarily affects chickens, but quail and pheasants may also be affected. Coryza is primarily transmitted by direct bird-to-bird contact. In addition, birds can also catch the disease by breathing airborne bacteria and consuming contaminated feed and/or water.

Back
Top Bottom