Is golden sussex even a real breed or type?

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
I have this one chicken, she comes running for me every time I go to the run and it's pretty cute because the other eleven look for a spot to hide or at least avoid me until I bust out the treats. Anyways, I bought this chicken as a golden sussex, but it's the same place that sold me an amarucana chicken even though I quickly learned from BYC that I had an easter egger, not a true breed. So needless to say I don't exactly have a lot of faith in them and their naming.

The bird is 12 weeks old, she has almost a full coat of light brown feathers with a couple white ones randomly throughout. Very cute and well mannered. Her brown feathers are a tad bit lighter than my RIR girls' feathers.

I know these threads aren't the most helpful without pictures but unfortunately I lent my camera to a friend for their 4th of July trip, they'll be home today and I'll get one uploaded.

Last edited:
Sussex's are very friendly. My speckled Sussex comes up and always talks to me in her sweet little voice. She's my favorite breed! Next time I will have more then one Sussex in my flock!

Back
Top Bottom