Is golden sussex even a real breed or type?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cupman, Jul 6, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I have this one chicken, she comes running for me every time I go to the run and it's pretty cute because the other eleven look for a spot to hide or at least avoid me until I bust out the treats. Anyways, I bought this chicken as a golden sussex, but it's the same place that sold me an amarucana chicken even though I quickly learned from BYC that I had an easter egger, not a true breed. So needless to say I don't exactly have a lot of faith in them and their naming.

The bird is 12 weeks old, she has almost a full coat of light brown feathers with a couple white ones randomly throughout. Very cute and well mannered. Her brown feathers are a tad bit lighter than my RIR girls' feathers.

I know these threads aren't the most helpful without pictures but unfortunately I lent my camera to a friend for their 4th of July trip, they'll be home today and I'll get one uploaded.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Are you aure they didn't say Golden Sex-Link?

That sounds like what you are describing.

3. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Sussex's are very friendly. My speckled Sussex comes up and always talks to me in her sweet little voice. She's my favorite breed! Next time I will have more then one Sussex in my flock!

4. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
  5. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by