Is Grinded wheat drinkable raw with milk?

mooSa

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
I was always wondering if it is safe to grind up organic wheat and blend it with milk and other ingredients to make a nice healthy shake. Anybody with knowledge or experience regarding this matter? Thanks

I do know it is done with sprouted wheat.More nutrients once sprouted,and might make it more easily digested.Suprisingly wheat causes a lot of digestive issues for people.I just split the wheat(grass) I grew with the hens,and threw some in my juicer.

Raw wheat is going to be fairly hard to digest much the way raw grains of any other type will be hard to digest even if milled fine.

You might try toasting the grain first then milling it. That flour could then be mixed with milk and consumed. Not sure if the flavor is going to be good or not but it should be easier to digest.

If it were me I'd take that freshly milled wheat and that milk and make pancakes, waffles, muffins, or bread which will be both tasty and nutritious. We mill our own flour and do this often.

.....Alan.

If you're using google to search, you may want to type in "ground wheat" additive or something along those lines.

Raw milk makes everything better!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom