Is he a Cukoo Maran Roo ???????

There are sickle feathers and if he is young the tail feathers look like they are just coming in.

Also hen's comb's spikes tend to come nearly all the way back down to the scalp and roosters' are wide with smaller spikes.

(Usually, there are always exceptions of course)

Quote:
Almost a year old, with no roo tail and no spurs, thin legs and short wattles?

She is a hen.
Ok, I'll
duc.gif
now and let the experts help figure this one out.

If you look at the hackle, they appear to be thin and they shine like a roo. The body even looks like a male. There are plymouth rocks out there that have small combs and wattles. For an example of growth, our RIR roo from last february has little tiny spurs, small comb & wattles, and small earlobes. Also, thhat roo has sickles. It is a hatchery barred rock, when we got ours from MM last year, the roosters were dark colored. If it was a maran, the color is about right. Also, you have to remember throwbacks, if that bird has any birds in his lineage that had yellow legs, he has a chance of having yellow legs, kinda like with other breeds when you get a wrong comb for the breed, or stubs, or anything else different. I say its a roo, and either a barred rock, or a cuckoo maran that was a throwback and has yellow legs.

To simplify matters, I have quoted all the answers on what gender your bird is
lau.gif
roll.png
:

I'd vote for a mixed roo

not a he, but a she.

Comb is small for a rooster

I say its a rooster

thats a hen

That is def a young cockerel.

I say hen...

That is most definitely a roo

...has got rooster written all over them

The body even looks like a male

She is a hen.

I also think its a roo

too thin to be a roo

That is most definitely a roo

So... it is official! You have the first ever Rooster/Hen
roll.png
lol.png

So... it is official! You have the first ever Rooster/Hen

GEEEZZZZZZZZ, a morphadite chicken:
th.gif
Now I am confused. He or she is almost 1 year old. The sex link that came with him from the feed store has been laying for several months and has several offsprings running around.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom