Is he really a valley? Cuz he don't look like my others -picture heavy

Quote:
I DIDNT MEAN THAT YOU DID IT--- I KNOW WHERE/ WHO HE CAME FROM.... I'M JUST SAYING THAT HYBRIDIZING MUDDIES THE GENE POOL. AND WHILE VALLEYS ARENT EXACTLY RARE OR ENDANGERED I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A POINT IN GENERAL, OBVIOUSLY ITS EASILY LOST IN THIS WORLD....

No need to be rude. I at least tried to be civil and pointed out that your concern about "muddying up" is a moot point if this kind of hybrid is not fertile. Not fertile means sterile hybrids cannot "muddy up" any gene pools. As for fertile ones, it's perfect possible to handle them responsibly while maintaining pure gene pools via honesty and being well informed.

Now this got me curious, are those quail hybrids with bobwhites fertile or not fertile?

Quote:
I DIDNT MEAN THAT YOU DID IT--- I KNOW WHERE/ WHO HE CAME FROM.... I'M JUST SAYING THAT HYBRIDIZING MUDDIES THE GENE POOL. AND WHILE VALLEYS ARENT EXACTLY RARE OR ENDANGERED I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A POINT IN GENERAL, OBVIOUSLY ITS EASILY LOST IN THIS WORLD....

No need to be rude. I at least tried to be civil and pointed out that your concern about "muddying up" is a moot point if this kind of hybrid is not fertile. Not fertile means sterile hybrids cannot "muddy up" any gene pools. As for fertile ones, it's perfect possible to handle them responsibly while maintaining pure gene pools via honesty and being well informed.

Now this got me curious, are those quail hybrids with bobwhites fertile or not fertile?

There was no rudeness meant you have to remember that typed words are easy to misunderstand. Please don't jump it only makes for unpleasant threads. We are all here for the same reasons to learn and teach.

I've read that in CA along the borders of the various types of quail territories where they overlap there is crossbreeding naturally. I think your guy is neat.. first I said "Looks like a Bob" then "Na, must be another type of quail"...."mabye a type of bob?"... LOL

T

this pic kinda looks like him but the guy says it i a new button mutuation
39266_pinkeye_rbmale.jpg

I'm not sure about the original quail, but I'd put money on it being a bob/valley mix, simply because my uneducated eye says that it looks like both. The other picture is most definately a button. It's a PED (pink eye dilute) or "fallow".

Back
Top Bottom