Is he right?

Firsttimeduckmumma

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2020
Hi all, please advice on the right thing to do .
We have bantam duck eggs in an incubator... both me and hubby are panicking and having disagreements on what to do.
The eggs have started rocking on day 21 we are assuming silver bantam ducks may hatch early as they are similar to call ducks (we cant find anything on the internet to confirm this)
Because they have started rocking should we lockdown early as with call ducks?
Also and this is the thing causing our disagreements hubby has read that the temperature needs to go down slightly during lockdown but I cant find anything to confirm this ... we know the humidity needs to be raised but I am unsure about dropping the temperature? There is loads of information on humidity during lockdown but nothing on tempture
Please can sombody advice?

My gut is telling me to keep at around 37.5 but dont want to get it wrong and would hate to be the cause of these little ducklings not making it out the shell 😞

At the moment it's at 55% and planning to raise it to around 75% during lockdown
I'm a little unsure when lockdown should be though ... do we treat them the same as call ducks ?
We cant find any help on this either
I would only raise the humidity to 65%. As for when to start lockdown, I would say today or tomorrow if they are already moving in the eggs! :jumpy :D

I would only raise the humidity to 65%. As for when to start lockdown, I would say today or tomorrow if they are already moving in the eggs! :jumpy :D
Thank you I think you are right about lockdown starting tomorrow because eggs are moving tonight on their own (without being turned) and I would feel happier only raising to 65% as one of the air cells is not quite as big as it should be .
I'm so nervous for these little ones to make it out

Back
Top Bottom