Is he trying to crow at only 5 weeks old? Silver Gray Dorking

I hatched Dorkings for the first time this year and I noticed that they seem to grow and mature pretty quick. I think he very well could be trying to crow for you.

Mine haven't started crowing yet(that I know of) but I think it also has to do with them being in the pen with more dominant roosters. My Dorkings cockerels are young and already acting "roo-ish" in the sense that they are already challenging the other Dorking cockerels I have.

They are a fun breed, I think you will really enjoy your Dorking.

-Kim

Quote:
I am just praying Duke stays sweet. My husband wanted NO roosters, but I convinced him to let me order 2. He was worried they'd be mean and he won't tolerate a mean rooster (bad childhood experience with mean roosters). At any rate, he caved - but I had to promise that any mean rooster would be supper. I don't want to eat my roosters! I've told both of them (Duke and Bobby Lee) about the deal, so I'm hoping they take it seriously and get along and don't turn mean. We have 21 pullets and these 2 cockerals. At least I hope
fl.gif
it's only 2....

Wolf_Kim, I wish I had ordered some SG Dorking pullets, but they only had cockerels when I ordered. So I got a cockeral - and mainly based on customer comments about disposition on the webpage (McMurrays). The other cockerel is a Phoenix - just because I thought they looked pretty. He's not near as friendly as Duke though - just a little skittish maybe. BTW - thanks for the info on my other post. I was goggling for the age of when a SG Dorking starts crowing when I found the picture I asked about!

Thanks,
Penny

Back
Top Bottom