Is her umbillicus okay?

she's walking better but still not normal, she can finally stand on both legs though one is still weaker

video of how's she's breathing, sorry Facebook ruins my video quality.
Bless her heart for all the obstacles she has had to cross I am amazed at her will power. If her nare is clogged then she needs to do some serious dunking. What I'd do is put her and her buddy into a nice warm bath water deep enough they can float let her clean out her nare really good. and also work on her leg being in water where she is floating will help her gain strength in her legs. Always stay with her once she is in the water and don't leave her till she is exhausted just. maybe 5 minutes of good head washing and leg exercise. If your still using that chick water er with them they cannot wash out their nares it's easy to make one like the pic I showed you and they can dunk their heads to their hearts content It's very important they be able to wash out their nares and eyes. That is awesome she can now stand on her leg it does look like there is some swelling in the knee area and some warm water soaks and exercise may help. If she is eating good then I'd say she has a good chance of living with her bill like it is.

Have you been able to get some Vitamin b3 in her? If not I wouldn't worry about it now. She's getting older and it's not going to help at this point. Your main concern now is her beak.

Understand she is going to be permanently disabled from this point. I can see lots of swelling in the joints. I'm pretty sure she beyond recovery as far as walking like a duck unless she has surgery. I had a duck with slipped tendon and you have to catch it early very early. The discoloration almost looks like the circulation is being cut off.

we really tried to stress on getting her vitamin b3. It plays an extreme important role in a ducks life. To me I would say it's mandatory. It would have help immensly with some of her problems. The more she gains weight the less likely she will use that leg. It will not hold her weight. She'll never use those flappy feet. She will be able to swim however she will struggle to get out of the pool or pond so it needs to be ground level. No plastic pools she will likely drown. She will need to stay confined longer as the other will be able to go outside.

I think at this point we need to concentrate more on the beak and her breathing ablities.

In the video I don't see her walking but I do see something going on with the neck?? Looks almost bulging. Hope she doesn't have food stuck in her throat maybe it's just the way the video is?

Like to see more on the beak and how's she's eating and drinking.

sorry I'm just now seeing this. she's doing very well, her beak is getting aligned right again, and she's walking on both feet. swelling is a bit visible but other than that she's doing good :) her breathing isn't as hard too. she is not with me for now, I left tomoe and her with my dad and the other ducklings as well.

sorry I'm just now seeing this. she's doing very well, her beak is getting aligned right again, and she's walking on both feet. swelling is a bit visible but other than that she's doing good
smile.png
her breathing isn't as hard too. she is not with me for now, I left tomoe and her with my dad and the other ducklings as well.

I am happy to hear she is doing so much better. I hope your dad knows how to take care of them. We'd love to see a pic once you are back with them if you don't mind.

Thanks for updating.

Back
Top Bottom