Is Ibuprofen okay for chick?

I don't know. Hopefully someone with more knowledge then I have will see your question. Until then though I wouldn't do it. I do know that it's bad for dog and I think cats too. Do you have any childrens Tylenol? That's usually a safer choice. Good luck!

I wouldn't do it. Chances are if it is safe the dose would be miniscule and impossible to measure correctly.

I have heard that Ibuprofen is bad for chickens and that asprin is the only thing you can give. I've also heard that chickens have a very high pain tolerance and seldom need pain meds but I'm hoping someone with more experience and/or knowledge will chime in.

Mary

I finally found the thread for Aspirin only. 1 tablet per gallon. But, I don't think he is going to make it. I think it put him into shock. I just gave him some aspirin.

I don't see any puncture wounds at all anywhere. There is no blood. I have Duramycin-10. Should I go get some Penicillin? Injectable or in another form?

If he is in shock put him in a warm dark place(shoebox with a heating pad underneath it) for awhile, make sure he is hydrated and he should be alright if there are no wounds.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom