is insulation needed?

I dunno....my coop was so super drafty until I added insulation, and now it is nice.

My coop looks well built...but maybe it isn't well built? Or maybe it is super drafty only because I live where there is lots of wind? Anyway, I am super thrilled with my insulation.

But also, I had my coop for some odd years and only this summer decided to add the insulation.......so, even if you don't put it in now, doesn't mean you can't put it in later.

(I didn't put insulation in when I built the coop because I have such a fear of rodents in the walls......we have 12 thousand rodents)

After reading lots, I went into our current coop (which is insulated) and I was surprised at how cool it was and it was +32C in there. So I'm figuring if we do decide to build another we will likely insulate it again. we've decided that it's worth the cost here. I do think that if we lived in a milder climate I could easily get away without insulation.

Thank you all for your thoughts

what did they do years ago my grandparents did not have insulation in there coops and they did just fine no ....I am having one built as we speak now well built no insulation 4x10 for 5 birds when done will send pics

I can't wait to see. I've been reading and have actually gone to some farms recently to see where their chickens are and no insulation an they are in the same climate that we are. I'm leaning towards no insulation now again.

Back
Top Bottom