Is is spring yet?

scooter147

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
This has been a long cold winter, not bad in the snow area actually probably less then normal. But we have had no January thaw the temps have been below normal all winter and we should be near 50 degrees this time of year and it's not even going to get out of the 20's today.
Anyway for my rant. I have usually ordered hatching eggs by this time and have them setting under hens. I've been afraid to buy any for the fear they will be damaged in such cold weather. 99% of the time I buy on line because it's the only way to find what I want.
Spring cannot get here soone enough for me, maybe the one good thing with all the cold is that the insect population maybe less this year.

Last edited:
We are getting spring fever here mighty fierce. And today we woke up to more snow!
hit.gif
Another 3-4 inches predicted. I agree, this winter has seemed very long. Definitely ready for a new season.

Other than the incubating and shipping of eggs (lol...neither of which I do), I AGREE with everything you've said. We've had below ave. temps all winter too, probably by AT LEAST 10 degrees. We've actually had more snow than the past several years. Fleas were horrible in our area last year, so I'm crossing my fingers that ONE benefit of this nasty winter will be a big decrease in those nasty little suckers...

Back
Top Bottom