Is it a bad idea for runs to share a fence?

It sounds very practical to set things up that way -- a big help with any integration you might do.

The only issue I might see is if you have roosters that fight along the fence. I don't think that biosecurity would be such an issue because for true biosecurity you'd have to separate facilities on distant parts of the property.

It sounds very practical to set things up that way -- a big help with any integration you might do.

The only issue I might see is if you have roosters that fight along the fence. I don't think that biosecurity would be such an issue because for true biosecurity you'd have to separate facilities on distant parts of the property.
They sometimes meet at the fence and do some head bobbing and weaving and get bored with it then wonder off.

... I don't think that biosecurity would be such an issue because for true biosecurity you'd have to separate facilities on distant parts of the property.
I like numbers. For example this article cites 100 feet between coops on a farm. Much larger distance between different operations.

I looked at several articles, biosecurity measures are generally applied but not uniformly. I liked this article as it was easy to read, provided specific advice, agreed with my common sense.

https://thepoultrypunch.com/2020/03/bio-security-measures-in-poultry-farming/

Back
Top Bottom