Is it a male or female?

ramy

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 21, 2014

Welcome!

I'm thinking male, but we really need a profile shot, and age as close as you can figure.

Thank you for the quick response!! Here is a profile pic and the age is 7 or 8 months.

Definitely a rooster. It is a little unusual that he hasn't crowed yet, but not unheard of. Roosters mature at different rates.

But he 8 months now and I never heard him in the morning. At what age do they start. Thanks again to all of you
It is rather unusual that he hasn't crowed until now. Most roosters start before they are five months old. However, in some cases, they don't. For example, if you have a dominant rooster in a flock, a younger, more submissive rooster doesn't usually crow much or at all. Some breeds mature slower as well. It all really depends on the individual bird.

Agree it's a cockerel. He's apparently slower to mature, but no doubt he's a he.

I have a pen of cockerels around the 4-6 month age, and only 1 or 2 are crowing. Apparently I'm raising a bunch of wimps
smile.png

haha, thanks guys or all or help. it is illigal to have a male in my city! thank god, he did not start yet. he just lookd different than the rest, bigger and quiter! but thank you all for you quick responses.

Back
Top Bottom