1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it a Mini Pig?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by degan, Dec 7, 2010.

1. degan

degan Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    Arnprior, Ontario
    I got a mini pig Oct 1. She is apparently 1year old. When I got her she weighed 16 lb, now she weighs 23 lbs. How do I know how old she really is. I know that people some time sell much younger pigs saying they are older and tell you they are minature. She has gained 7 lbs since I got her. How do I determine what weight she will be full grown. If any one has experience with mini pigs does she sound like one?

2. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    If she were a fake she would be well over 23 pounds at a year old. You'd be surprised how big they can get and how fast they grow.

If she isn't a year old yet and they lied to you she could get much bigger, but since she has only gained 7 pounds she may be a miniature.

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    If she is a year old and only 23 pounds then I would say she will be small. Keep in mind that mini's or pot bellieds continue to grow for 4 to 5 years. My guesstimate is that she will double her size when full grown.
    Pictures please!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by