Is it a sign?

Crusty McPottydoodle

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 14, 2009
The Wet Coast
So Rosie seems to have come to an understanding with my new Australorp, but still bullies my new Araucana mercilessly, but every night, she rounds the two of them up and herds them into the hen-house.

Is it possible that she could be also warming to the Araucana?

If Rosie doesn't start mellowing out soon, I may lock her in a crate with psycho-kitten. That'l learn her.

Sounds like Rosie likes em both...just likes to harass. My Justis does the same thing, he loves to harass some of the flock and not others, but come bed time he's out there making sure they get to bed ok...then has to say goodmorning to them also. Unless she's actually hurting one of the flock I would not worry about it.

Raz'sRoost :

Sounds like Rosie likes em both...just likes to harass. My Justis does the same thing, he loves to harass some of the flock and not others, but come bed time he's out there making sure they get to bed ok...then has to say goodmorning to them also. Unless she's actually hurting one of the flock I would not worry about it.

Agreed!​

I have more than one feeder and waterer. Also I put a second pop door in their coop. I had a bully hen that would stand in the pop door and not let anyone in the coop. She couldn't guard both pop doors and the feeders and waterers. I separated her for two weeks as she was after blood in the beginning and put her in chicken jail which is a converted Rabbit hutch. I fixed her up a nest box.
IMG_0282.jpg

Back
Top Bottom