1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it a sign?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Crusty McPottydoodle, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    So Rosie seems to have come to an understanding with my new Australorp, but still bullies my new Araucana mercilessly, but every night, she rounds the two of them up and herds them into the hen-house.

Is it possible that she could be also warming to the Araucana?

If Rosie doesn't start mellowing out soon, I may lock her in a crate with psycho-kitten. That'l learn her.

2. Raz'sRoost

Raz'sRoost Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Ludington
    Sounds like Rosie likes em both...just likes to harass. My Justis does the same thing, he loves to harass some of the flock and not others, but come bed time he's out there making sure they get to bed ok...then has to say goodmorning to them also. Unless she's actually hurting one of the flock I would not worry about it.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Raz'sRoost :

Sounds like Rosie likes em both...just likes to harass. My Justis does the same thing, he loves to harass some of the flock and not others, but come bed time he's out there making sure they get to bed ok...then has to say goodmorning to them also. Unless she's actually hurting one of the flock I would not worry about it.

Agreed!​

4. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    I am a little concerned. Rosie seems to still be chasing the araucana away from the food and under the hen-house during the day. Should I leave it be, or seperate?

5. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Feed in more than one spot- make the bully work for it. When I give extras, I sprinkle in about five easy-to clean places. Really makes a difference...

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have more than one feeder and waterer. Also I put a second pop door in their coop. I had a bully hen that would stand in the pop door and not let anyone in the coop. She couldn't guard both pop doors and the feeders and waterers. I separated her for two weeks as she was after blood in the beginning and put her in chicken jail which is a converted Rabbit hutch. I fixed her up a nest box.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by