Is it big enough

2 per square foot is the maximum used by people who are producing as many as possible in a small space. It looks like you're aiming for a more natural habitat, but your goal of 5 should fit easily. Maybe @le_bwah, @Quailobsessed, @muddy75, @Nabiki could chime in.

I also recommend adding hardware cloth. Depending on where you live, it's possible predators can still get in or chew through the chicken wire. Good luck!

You have plenty of space, but I agree that you need hardware cloth, at least around the bottom half. Everything likes to eat quail, and most determined predators can go through chicken wire.

Make sure they have places to hide. You can use boxes, flower pots, office supply baskets, almost anything, really.

You have plenty of space, but I agree that you need hardware cloth, at least around the bottom half. Everything likes to eat quail, and most determined predators can go through chicken wire.

Make sure they have places to hide. You can use boxes, flower pots, office supply baskets, almost anything, really.
When you said that predators would be likely to get through chicken wire today a hawk moved the log of the chicken wire and my male was trying to protect my females and the hawk tore my quail apart me and my sister was so sad because we had it for so long:hit:(

When you said that predators would be likely to get through chicken wire today a hawk moved the log of the chicken wire and my male was trying to protect my females and the hawk tore my quail apart me and my sister was so sad because we had it for so long:hit:(
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss! What a terrible way to learn how strong the "enemy" can be. 😢

Yea my sister and I was looking for them and they were hiding we had seen a falcon when we got home sitting away from the quail pen but we scared it away while we were looking. My sister looked behind the cage and saw feathers everywhere but didn’t see anything and then she saw a carcass she screamed ran away into the house we thought it was one of the girls but turned out it was the only boy we had tiny we hatched him out of the egg and raised him he was one of our first quails

Back
Top Bottom