Is it dead?

truckerswife

Songster
12 Years
Aug 20, 2007
SW Washington
Muscovy egg day 35 yesterday (Sunday). Had been tapping and peeping since Saturday morning. No noise this morning so I held it to my ear and heard faint tapping no peeping.

Just checked this afternoon no cracks , no noise ..I checked with flashlight to see if any movement...didnt see any.

Is she dead? Do they go from being noisy and active to quiet and over due by a day.

I think she died today but am hoping not especially after I have heard her little voice.

Can she still hatch...maybe just resting?

Im sorry for your dillima , I am afraid I have no answers. I hope someone who knows more will answer you soon.
If no One does and you really think the baby is gonna die you could perhaps make a small hole in the end with the air cell to give oxegen and to see if you can see movement . be shure to keep up the humidity . Good luck.

During the hatch they get very tired and sleep in between. I don't know how many days it takes for Muscovys take to hatch but I would let it be for a while. Have you spritzed the shell? I understand that duck eggs need additional moisture on the shell. You could also place a warm damp paper towel under the egg.

i would poke a hole where the air cell is, just to make sure she gets enough air. make sure to keep the humidity up. i hope she's okay and she hatches!

Back
Top Bottom