Is it illegal to sell eggs through craigslist??

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by There A Chick, Jan 28, 2009.

1. There A Chick

There A Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    Creedmoor, NC
    I'm thinking maybe it is.[​IMG] I will be really bummed if it is. Here is an excerpt from craigslist, their prohibited list:

# Pet animal parts, blood, or fluids - including but not limited to stud/breeding service

#Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.

These are the 2 items I found on the list that ~could~ apply to chicken eggs. Why I was wondering because at first I did a google search for +craigslist +farm fresh eggs and when I clicked on some of the hits, I found that the ad had been BANNED! That's when I went and checked the prohibited list.

2. tons of people do it, including myself and I have never had a post flagged...

3. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I sell eggs on craigslist, but the states could have different laws.

4. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i got flagged once, but then i didn't. i depends on who is on there....

5. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    They sell them here, both to eat and incubate.

6. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    No problems here with it and I am not the only one!

7. ravencreek

ravencreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    You could also try kijiji.com. Its free as well. And NO FLAGGERS on there. I have seen people sell incubating eggs on there but I'm sure you can sell them for eating as well. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Just don't get discouraged if you post on CL and keep getting flagged. I think there are people that get paid to flag.

8. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh, we have lots of people advertising stud service here but I guess they do end up getting flagged. We also have lots and lots of people selling eggs on our craigslist both for food and hatching and I haven't seen those get flagged.

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    add to your ad that they are in new clean cartons.....

10. GardenerGal

GardenerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Fresh eggs are not "fluids" or "animal parts." Nor are they "adulterated." They're not even "unpackaged" --- they have the perfect package: their shell! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by