1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it just me or....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickensXOXO, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ChickensXOXO

ChickensXOXO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    ..does this sound a little 'out of the way' to you...?

I'm a member of a dog related forum, and there is a place on the site for sharing about other pets (besides dogs).
    So I often share pictures of my chickens. The group is close-knit, so they seem to enjoy hearing about them.

Well, I'm expecting a new Silkie in October, and I'm really excited.
    It's a nice Silkie, and it will be my first really nice quality chicken.

I made a little "siggi" to share on the site and announce my upcoming addition.

[​IMG]

One of the assistant managers replied saying, "When I first saw the Siggi i thought what the heck, Ashleys losing her touch for taking pictures or maybe that is the backside of the chicken, also i thought it was dirty cuz i remember the chicks being white. ha ha fooled me!"

Am I just taking this the wrong way or what? [​IMG]

This lady has often snapped off on me, so that's why I'm a little annoyed with her... [​IMG]

2. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    What did you say I got sidetracked by a really pretty silkie hen

3. ChickensXOXO

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    Thank you. I think she's gorgeous too, which is why I simply had to share her on that board (to friends!).

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't really know why she had to add the fact she thought she was a dirty white Silkie... [​IMG]
    Whether she thought that or not, no need to say it aloud.

This lady seems competitive when it comes to designing "siggis" (as she calls them) as well.
    So I didn't know if it was a remark to that either. She is good at making them, as she has actually studied and learned to make them.
    I, on the other hand, just play around with the features, so I don't expect to be as good as she is, nor do I try to be...

Sorry for the complaining! Just needed to do it somewhere!

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'd show a nice normally clean looking smooth feathered splash, explain that it is a splash, and that because of its furry feathering (yes, chickens can have furry feathering) the colors blur together and appear dirty, but that you like it. [​IMG]

5. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I think your 'siggi' (sheesh!) is beautifu as is your Silkie. Actually, I wish you culd design one for me. I just don't have any way of uploading pictures. [​IMG]

(Don't let her bother you, I bet she's just jealous of your natural talent.)

6. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I think most people who aren't familiar with chickens are taken aback by silkies. They are very different. But you're right, that wasn't very nice. The other thing to keep in mind is that tone doesn't come across well in print. She might have just meant that she found it funny that it took her so long to figure out what it was. I'd reply something like "Well I certainly didn't expect that every lay-person would know a great quality Silkie when they saw one!" [​IMG]

7. ChickensXOXO

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    Quote:Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I quoted you in my reply to her. ^^^ Thanks!

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:x2.... SOME people have no taste. *Sticks nose in the air* [​IMG] In all seriousness sounds like this woman needs to get a life.

9. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Some people have a knack for showing their insensitivity and their ignorance. Consider the source and move on. Not like she's someone you want or need approval from. In any room, in any group, in any forum, there's always one!

Awesome Silkie signature btw!!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  10. ChickensXOXO

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    Yeah, this lady has always been like this. Of course, her two dogs are a nice quality.
    She always tries to make the best signatures for herself, and even said when she makes them for others, she tries to make them good enough for even her! - God bless her... [​IMG]

It's fine with me though. She can like what she likes and make what she wants to make, but I wish she understood, so can I.
    It's annoying having to deal with a person like that when you're excited about a new Silkie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by