Is it just me......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really DO understand the frustration of pointless posts, however, kids and kids, let them be kids. They are here because they have been introduced to chickens. Let them learn and grow. And always, always, always, let them know that NO QUESTION is stupid.

I'd rather see kids on here than on the streets being punky thugs...

Last edited:
I must be old then! lol I got a message a few months ago about this new 'cool' chicken forum. (what was weird was that a regular BYC'er created a new BYC ID just to send this link, and told me that...hmmmm) Anyway, I wander over there and they are swearing like a bunch of truckers! Now don't get me wrong, I can swear like you wont believe when I get mad, but this was just ordinary conversation. I got out of there...guess I'm too old to think that's "cool" anymore! LOL

I probably only open the games section a couple times a year, so it doesn't bother me. I don't go there unless I'm really bored!
wink.png

I am one of the "old ones" and have noticed the change in posting types lately, particularly since the format upgrade. I don't want to discourage the kids at all. I want them to be here. Maybe they'll gradually develop other interests besides hanging out in the games section all day. I'm hoping to get my own kids onto this board.

That said however it would be a lot easier for ME to keep up with this board if I did not have to see every thread bounce in the games section. There are too many subsections on this board now for me to manually go through them all one by one looking for new posts. That's what the New Posts button is for. But lately a great deal of all of the new posts have been in the games section which seldom interests me. I'm here to talk poultry so poultry is what I'd like to see.

Let the kids hang out where they want to and enjoy themselves. Hopefully mine will be here soon as well, but when I click New Posts it would be nice if I could have a way to program it so that I don't have to wade through the many dozens of games sections posts when I'm here to talk poultry on the Backyard Chickens board.

The young ones?????

I have mixed feelings when it comes to Internet forums populated by adults and kids.

But what you need to remember you can choose or not choose to open any thread, once open you can choose to close it with no response.

Old member? In terms of membership, I do not consider myself to be an old member, 2009. In years on earth, I don't consider myself old, but at 54, I am probably in the more senior half.

What I try to avoid now a days are the "debate" and "family issues" threads. Lord have mercy, by the time I decipher, who in the heck is doing what to who, I know it's to much for me. They are some major drama kings and queens here. While it has taken time for me to understand not to open or respond to certain subjects, some of them folks posting those subjects need to realize that they should not be discussing such things on a non age appropriate public forum.

We have gone down this road many times.
It really isn't helpful.
What is helpful is what SpeckledHen posted at least twice.

Collapse the sections you don't want to see and just don't go to the sections you don't want to read.

BYC welcomes all ages and all experience levels.
There is plenty here to satisfy many interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom