Is it just wrong...?

ChicknJ

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Central Florida
I caught a Rat snake in the chicken coop with an egg firmly in its jaws. Ok, I usually shoo black snakes and such away from the yard, but when I find them in the coop, unfortunately for them, they must be dispatched. So my big brother was here and saw me wack the snake, and he suggested... feed the snake to the Pigs. Well, according to the pig, snakes are yummy!

I was kinda grossed out how much they liked it... but I guess it's a food chain thing.......

Sorry but that gives me the creepy crawlies with some heebie jeebies mixed in. Snakes are bad enough but feeding it to the pigs. YUCK! I am not really surprised they liked it but YUCK!

you guys are funny, after I posted I had misgivings about responses. Yes, better beneficial to something.... I too was kinda
sickbyc.gif
and my brother is a serious herpatology buff, but the rat snakes around here can get quite large , aggressive and deliver a nasty bacterial laden bite.

Ohh anybody see the Python hunt that is set to begin here in Florida? Now just the thought of those big guys gives me serious willies...shudder

Back
Top Bottom