Is it Nap time yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCord6

Away
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lake Butler (Union County)
Cuz Im exhausted! It's only 9:30am and I think it's time to hit the napsack! Barely keeping my eyes open and the kids are laying down in my room watching Tom & Jerry. Was up since 7am, made pancakes, didn't bother with the dishes (will do it later). Yep, good night....zZzZzZzZzZz

Just think soon they'll be teenagers and will sleep until noon or more .....unless forced by thier father to do some "child labour" ....
I really know how you feel.....

You might want to do those dishes before your FIL shows up!
wink.png

Last edited:
That's right, don't give him any ammo! Better go wake up the DH too, so he doesn't get caught sleeping again.

Seriously, do what my Mom did- she kept the "public areas" very clean and tidy- and that's what people saw when they came over. The rest of the house was a mess, but they didn't see that part. And urge your DH to take any work he can get right now- it sounds like he's a bit depressed right now and needs some emotional support.

I realize you are tired, especially being so close to term, but if you just tackle one little chore it can re-energize you some. Break it down into pieces of manageable size, then check them off the list as they get done. Instead of saying "I have to do all that laundry", tell yourself I will get one load of laundry done and go from there. And get those kids off the TV and put them to work. Even the youngest can learn to put away toys.

Get off BYC for a while, stop having a daily pity party and get doing, one thing at a time. You'll find a lot of support for you if you demonstrate you are actually trying your best!

Put on some good music and tackle any one little thing! That's usually enough to make me something else I have to do and get it done as well.

yeah, I second the understanding your tired because you're pregnant but get moving for the kids that are already born!

Take em outside, or if its raining cut off the cartoons and get them moving. dancing. wiggling. whatever they can do.

best advice my mother gave me. when you open a door close it . when you use a dish put it up. clean while you're cooking.

I know when I'm feeling too tired to tackle a whole job, I promise myself to do something for 10 minutes. Even set the timer. Dishes especially have a way of taking a lot longer the next day when things get dried on. My youngest DS told me he was going to let something soak overnight once, and I dared him to get the scotch brite pad and spend just 30 seconds giving it a scrub. Less than 30 seconds later, he was done, and surprised at how easy the pan came clean. And then he didn't have to face it the next day.
celebrate.gif

Shorter days, longer nights- it's normal for the transition to winter. Makes me sleepy too, but I use Orpington Manor's approach- and those 10 minutes often turn into many.

And there's a big difference between wanting to sleep your life away and actually doing it!

Winter has such nice long nights that I get a lot more crafting and selling online done. Catch up on some reading, take a course online, learn something new! Mend clothes, make preserves, stock the freezer with meals, plan the veggie garden, draw up the plans for a new coop, clean out the closets and donate to charity - well, you get the idea. If you just set your mind to it, you can get a lot done.

I used to get depressed when winter set in- then I told myself to get over it, and that was they key. I had to learn to stop making excuses and start DOING something. It took a lot of pushing myself, but I eventually got out of the hole. Took some time, it doesn't happen overnight.

And I'd sooner die than embarass myself by having a daily pity party online in front of 44,792 people! I was raised to not hang the dirty laundry out for all to see. Only the clean laundry!

Wow, I was just talking about having a lazy day and taking a nap and people go off to something else. It's raining and I have been working my butt off cleaning the house until it shines all week so now Im out of steam and it seamed like the kids were too. We took a nap and now we are had lunch and the kids are now playing on their PS2 preschool game (my house is shaking from all the bouncing and jumping LOL!). Im feeling a lil better. As soon as I finish my lunch, Im going to sweep the floor and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

Hubby been gone way before 9 this morning. Him and his buddy are out trying to get money.

((Hubby and I had a LLLLOOOONNNNGGG talk about his dad last night. We are going to his house on Thursday (NNNNOOOOO!!!!) and while we are there, we are going to have a talk with FIL about the situation))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom