Is it normal?

Hi, how's it going today? @BDutch is right. Day old chicks are too young to go together with your girl. She's liable to peck them or step on them by accident. You'll have to integrate them later when they are older and closer to the same size. Then you can introduce all of them to your older flock at the same time. Very risky trying to introduce a lone chick to a group of older hens. I'm afraid your lone chick needs to remain alone for a while. That's my advice anyway. Perhaps others may have other suggestions as to how you could make this work.

Did you get some baby grit? How's her poop? You can post pics of her poop on here, it will be very helpful so people can determine the state of her health. See if she will poo on a white paper towel, that's best. Would still like a pic of her as well.
her poop smells like broccoli, I don't give broccoli to her.

She’s eating the chick crumbles now, right? Until she learns to like it, you can mix it with a little bit of water to make a mash.

As for the smell, it’s probably just her gut trying to adjust to digesting the new food. It the right thing for her, but she’s not used to it yet. She’ll adapt... give her some time.
If you have some probiotics, you can give her some of that, or if you don’t have or can’t get probios, you can mix her crumbles with some *plain yogurt*, just a little bit, no more than about 1/2 teaspoon or so. Because she didn’t have grit before, she hasn’t been digesting properly, so it’s kinda like she’s starting from square 1.

And her poop will smell like all kinds of things... I’d try to avoid smelling it myself... 🤣

Back
Top Bottom