Is it ok

Quote:
Had to research what Weetabix is. Not at all common here.

It is usually recommended that treats (anything other than chicken food) is kept to 10% of their diet or less.

Imp- What does Weetabix taste like?

awwww wheetabix...I miss wheetabix. Might just have to order some or make a run to whole foods...your chickens are lucky. It is mostly carbs so I would only do this about 3x per week or less. You don't want them eating that instead of their high protein chicken food..plus I remember reading I think that you want to limit milk products to no more than a couple times per week as well.

My understanding is not to give your chickens milk or milk products (with the exception of yogurt) because they can't digest it well. Yogurt has probiotics that help the chickens with digestion, etc. Bananas are great, and I want to know what Weetabix is. Is it like a cereal? If so, I'm sure it is fine in moderation. If your chickens free range, they likely get everything they need during the day.

Quote:

It is usually recommended that treats (anything other than chicken food) is kept to 10% of their diet or less.

a bit like shredded wheat, but its more flaky and has a more wheaty nutty sweet flavor,, its got a different texture, more crumbly..its nummy.. you can munch it dry or crumble it in warm milk for a cream of wheat type dish...id be nuts for it if I was a chicken

Quote:

lol hummmmmm yummy yummy best eaten with warm milk and a little sugar, my little boy has two very morning
big_smile.png
The Advertising slogan for it is '' have you had your weetabix?''
lol.png

They have loads of layed pellets every day and corn, fruit, mealworms and what ever they find in the garden but they just go nuts over there weetabix
lol.png

Quote:

lol hummmmmm yummy yummy best eaten with warm milk and a little sugar, my little boy has two very morning
big_smile.png
The Advertising slogan for it is '' have you had your weetabix?''
lol.png

They have loads of layed pellets every day and corn, fruit, mealworms and what ever they find in the garden but they just go nuts over there weetabix
lol.png

Ya'll are going to make me go nuts over the weetabix! Where can I find some? I'm off to google it.
cool.png

Quote:
I found a distributor near me...I'm putting it on my grocery list. Heck, if I don't like it, I can always give it to my chickens.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom